At Tuva, we believe that analyzing data, spotting patterns, and extracting useful information have become gateway skills for future jobs, to full participation in the workforce, and civic engagement in the 21st century.
We are leading the effort towards building a data literate future by breaking down the barriers between people and data and closing the gap between those who are able to benefit from data and those who cannot. If data is to have an impact on people’s lives, then it must be made accessible and able to be used.
As a UI/UX Designer, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Working closely with the product, engineering, marketing, and sales functions to determine high priority product and design tasks.
- Combining product requirements, UI/UX best practices, and Tuva’s instructional platform to create clear and defined wireframes and user flows.
- Using wireframes as well as the company’s branding to create complete, fully realized visual designs and mockups.
- Delivering user flows, sitemaps, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity wireframes, pixel-perfect mockups, icon designs, and layouts.
- Collaborating with product and engineering functions during all phases of a project and contributing to strategic discussions on the design of the user experience.
- Updating and creating new assets for marketing and sales presentations.
- You have 2-5 years of UI/UX experience with web or mobile products and services
- Experience with data, analytics, and visualization tools a plus
- Experience with online learning products a plus
- You have experience conducting user interviews either in-person and/or over the phone and also have experience facilitating remote and/or in-person usability tests
- You have a strong visual and graphic design aesthetic
- You are highly knowledgeable with responsive web design principles and information architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain each design decision
- Ability to take feature requirements and user goals outlined during team meetings and turn them into user flows and wireframes to aid the team in the development and communication of product features
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping with the ability to synthesize and incorporate feedback from multiple channels (users, developers, product managers, quantitative analytics, etc.) into design revisions
- Ability to effectively manage your own time on multiple projects
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, etc.), or your favorite alternative
- This is a contract-based position
- We prefer the candidates be based in New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA. However, we will consider remote candidates as well.
Please send us a bit about yourself to email@example.com with your resume and links to your portfolio.