As a Science Education Specialist for Texas, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Playing a leadership role in design, development, and curation of Tuva’s science-related datasets, activities, and lessons aligned to the TEKS that incorporate research-based learning strategies and best practices to address diverse abilities and backgrounds.
- Working closely with content and assessment specialists on our team to create high quality, inquiry-based tasks, activities, lessons, and projects that support TEKS.
- Creating resources such as example guides, video tutorials, and detailed walkthroughs to help science educators effectively integrate and use Tuva in their classrooms.
- Engaging meaningfully with our community of science educators to successfully incorporate Tuva into their instructional practice.
- Developing ways to improve on our current online and in-person professional development and train-the-trainer programs.
- Initiating and fostering partnerships with academic institutions, research organizations, museums, and other community groups in Texas to help educators teach and students learn foundational data literacy concepts and skills using Tuva.
- Have a BS, MS, PhD, or Ed.M in Math Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional Design, or Equivalent
- Have strong content background in life sciences, physics, or chemistry.
- Have 3-5 years of successful classroom experience teaching science and/or mathematics at the middle school or high school level.
- Have demonstrable ability to create cross-disciplinary curriculum or instructional activities that integrate concepts and skills from a variety of subject areas and topics.
- Are familiar with the TEKS and research-based best teaching practices.
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of foundational statistics and data analysis skills and concepts.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, customers, and partners across the ecosystem.
- Are passionate about online learning and empowering educators to create powerful, memorable learning experiences for their students.
- This is a Contract-Based position that could turn into a Full-Time position in the near future.
- We prefer the candidate be based in Texas.
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and samples of curriculum work to email@example.com.