As a Science Education Specialist for California, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Leading the design, development, and curation of Tuva’s science-related datasets, activities, and lessons aligned to Next Generation Science Standards, taking into account learning strategies and best practices to address diverse abilities and backgrounds.
- Working closely with content and assessment specialists on our team to create high quality, meaningful, inquiry-based tasks, activities, lessons, and projects that include place-based datasets that are locally relevant to communities across California.
- Creating resources such as example guides, video tutorials, and detailed walkthroughs to help science educators effectively integrate and use Tuva in their classrooms.
- Engaging meaningfully with our community of science educators in California to successfully incorporate Tuva into their instructional practice.
- Developing ways to improve our current online and in-person professional development and train-the-trainer programs.
- Initiating and fostering partnerships with academic institutions, research organizations, museums, and other community groups in California to help educators teach and students learn foundational data literacy concepts and skills using Tuva.
- Have a BS, MS, PhD, or Ed.M in Science Education or a graduate degree in a science field with equivalent experience in education training.
- Have strong content background in life sciences, physics, or chemistry.
- Have 3-5 years of successful classroom experience teaching science and/or mathematics at the middle school or high school level.
- Have demonstrable ability to create cross-disciplinary curriculum or instructional activities that integrate concepts and skills from a variety of subject areas and topics.
- Are familiar with the Next Generation Science Standards and research-based best teaching practices.
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of foundational statistics and data analysis skills and concepts.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, customers, and partners across the ecosystem.
- Are passionate about online learning and empowering educators to create powerful, memorable learning experiences for their students.
- This is a Contract-Based position that could turn into a Full-Time position in the near future.
- We prefer the candidate be based in California.
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and samples of curriculum work to firstname.lastname@example.org.