As a Math Education Specialist for Texas, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Leading the design, development, and curation of Tuva’s math-related datasets, activities, and lessons aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Mathematics.
- Creating resources such as example guides, video tutorials, and detailed walkthroughs to help math educators across Texas effectively integrate and use Tuva in their classrooms.
- Engaging with our community of math educators across Texas to successfully incorporate Tuva into their instructional practice.
- Developing ways to improve on our current online and in-person professional development and train-the-trainer programs.
- Initiating and fostering partnerships with Texas-based academic institutions, research organizations, and other community groups to help educators teach and students learn foundational data literacy concepts and skills using Tuva.
- Have a BS, MS, PhD, or Ed.M in Math Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional Design, or Equivalent
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of foundational data analysis and statistics concepts and skills
- Have 3-5 years of successful classroom experience teaching mathematics at the middle school or high school level
- Have demonstrable ability to create cross-disciplinary curriculum or instructional activities that integrates concepts and skills from a variety of subject areas and topics
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, educators, and our partners across the education ecosystem
- Are passionate about online learning and empowering educators to create powerful, memorable learning experiences for their students
- This is a Contract-Based position that could turn into a Full-Time position in the near future.
- We prefer the candidate be based in Texas.
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and samples of curriculum work to email@example.com.