At Tuva, we believe that analyzing data, spotting patterns, and extracting useful information have become gateway skills for future jobs, to full participation in the workforce, and civic engagement in the 21st century.
We are leading the effort towards building a data literate future by breaking down the barriers between people and data and closing the gap between those who are able to benefit from data and those who cannot. If data is to have an impact on people’s lives, then it must be made accessible and able to be used.
As a Front-End Engineer, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Working closely with the product and technical teams to plan, build, test, and launch major features and enhancements across the Tuva products
- Collaborating closely with the technical team to conceptualize, design, and build the next generation of interfaces and experiences that make data exploration, analysis, and visualization accessible
- Conceptualizing ideas, taking mockups and converting them into pixel perfect web interface
- Interacting with users, participating in usability sessions on a regular basis, and seeing the impact of your work
- Have strong knowledge in ES6, Angular, React, Redux, Webpack.
- Have strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (SASS / LESS / Stylus).
- Have strong knowledge in unit testing (Jasmine / Mocha / Karma / Jest) and TDD.
- Have strong knowledge in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and design patterns.
- Have strong knowledge in integrating Restful APIs.
- Have previous experience developing apps with browser and device compatibility.
- Have previous experience with Agile Development Processes.
- Some experience with visualization libraries such as Raphael.js, D3.js, and others.
- Some experience with backend technologies such as Python, .Net, Java.
- Working knowledge of NodeJS.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, docker, deployments for web apps.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as git, SVN, mercurial.
Please send us a bit about yourself to email@example.com with links to your work.