At Tuva, we believe that analyzing data, spotting patterns, and extracting useful information have become gateway skills for future jobs, to full participation in the workforce, and civic engagement in the 21st century.
We are leading the effort towards building a data literate future, as we partner with schools, districts, higher education institutions, and businesses to enable them to build a strong foundation in data literacy across all levels of their organization.
As a Data Visualization Designer, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Conceive, develop and produce interactive dashboards, infographics, reports, and other materials
- Validate components early through iterative development process
- Create wireframes, user flows, and prototypes that effectively communicate design directions for primary and edge use cases
- Ensure that designs are on-brand and consistent, and that use-cases are properly defined
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams to identify goals, opportunities, and roadblocks
- You have demonstrated experience interpreting and displaying concepts through powerful visuals
- You have professional experience in data visualization design, graphic design, or business analytics
- You are highly knowledgeable with responsive web design principles and information architecture
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain design decisions
- You are comfortable with rapid prototyping with the ability to incorporate feedback from multiple channels (users, developers, product managers, quantitative analytics, etc.) into design revisions
- Ability to effectively manage your own time on multiple projects
- This is a contract-based position
- We prefer the candidates be based in New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA. However, we will consider remote candidates as well.
Please send us a bit about yourself to email@example.com with your resume and links to your portfolio.